Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Yummy Chicken Broccoli Cheese Onion Casserole

chicken broccoli onion mushroom casserole joyful abode recipe

You will need…

  • a bunch of broccoli, cut into florets and steamed
  • 2 onions
  • 1 package of mushrooms (a couple cups), sliced
  • 2 large chicken breasts, boneless skinless… cooked and cubed
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • about 1/2 cup of milk
  • shredded cheddar cheese
  • French’s fried onions

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.

Sautee the onions and mushrooms. When I do this, I put the onions (chopped) into a pan with a couple tablespoons of water, and cover it to let it steam for a while. Then, when the onions are a little bit softer, I uncover the pan, let the water evaporate, and throw in a couple tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Then I toss everything around till the onions are browning. Then I add the mushrooms and let them cook… I like my onions really really cooked.

In a casserole dish, combine the broccoli, onions, mushrooms, chicken, soup, and milk. Mix everything. Top with cheese and fried onions.

Bake covered for 10 minutes, then uncover and let the onions on top get crispy (about 5 more minutes).

No comments: