225g Cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarbonate soda
150g castor sugar
2 eggs, large
3 large bananas (mashed)
½ tsp banana essence (optional)
- Preheat oven to 175 Degree C and line muffin pan with paper cups.
- Sift cake flour, baking soda and baking powder into a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Cream butter until light and creamy for about 5-8 minutes.
- Add sugar and continue to mix until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in banana essence if you are using.
- Beat in mashed bananas and milk.
- Finally, fold in sifted flour into mixture.
- Divide batter evenly into paper cups. Bake for 20 – 25mins or till an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Rest for 10 minutes before removing the cupcakes from the pan. Cool on wire rack.
**NOTE** if baking in loaf, increase baking time to 50-60mins.