1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup white flour
4 teaspoons poppy seeds
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup grapeseed/vegetable oil
3 teaspoons soy sauce
3 teaspoons ice water (or more as needed)
1. In bowl, add flours, poppy seeds and cheese. Mix dry ingredients thoroughly together.
2. In separate bowl, whisk together oil and soy sauce and add to dry mixture.
3. Continue adding ice water a little at a time as needed until the dry mixture becomes a moist dough ball.
4. Wrap dough ball in plastic wrap and chill for about 30 minutes.
5. Oil cookie sheet and preheat oven to 325° F.
6. Break off piece of dough and lay between two plastic wraps. Roll out dough flat or until desired cracker thin-ness . Using plastic wrap will keep the dough from sticking to your rolling pin and your work surface. Occasionally, the plastic wrap will wrinkle in the dough. Remove one of the plastic wrap sheets from the dough and straighten it out again to remove wrinkles.
7. Once dough is rolled out, remove top layer of plastic wrap and cut dough to desired size with a sharp knife or pasta cutter.
8. Grab the plastic wrap on the bottom of the dough and flip it over on to cookie sheet. Remove last plastic wrap. Carefully separate the cut pieces of dough so that the crackers can have a crispy edge when baked.
9. Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until lightly golden brown. DO NOT OVER BAKE because the Parmesan cheese will burn and become bitter.
10. Serve with cheese or your favorite dip!