Monday, January 7, 2008

Beef Sandwiches with Au Jus - Crock Pot

Beef Sandwiches with Au Jus - Crock Pot
Tried & True - Very tasty - SUPER easy

4-5 lb Rump Roast
1 1oz pkg onion soup mix
1 12 oz can of beer (any kind of beer you like)
1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
2 teaspoons sugar
2 10.5 oz cans condensed beef broth (I used 4 bullion cubes in 2+ cups of water)
2 cloves of garlic - minced (I used about a teaspoon garlic powder)

Place rump roast in slow cooker.

Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and pour over the roast. Put the lid on the slow cooker and cook on low for 8-10 hours.

When done - shred the meat with a fork or slice. Serve on onion rolls. If desired, skim fat from juices. Serve sandwiches with individual portions of meat juices for dipping.

~~~~~~~~~~

My roast turned out a little dry, so after I sliced the meat I returned it all to the slow cooker with all of the juices. I let it set there for another 15 minutes or so. Perfect! The meat was juicy and tender and delicious!! I had mine on small sourdough rolls and dh had his on onion rolls. This would also be good just as a traditional roast. You could add quartered potatoes and baby carrots too. I believe this recipe would also be very good with a cup or so of red wine.

No comments: